I am delighted that you are interested in joining our thriving and successful Sixth Form. Our key aim is to ensure that each of our students fulfils their potential and is able to go on to enjoy a successful future. The ethos that underpins this is to provide a secure and supportive environment in which students can benefit from expert teaching and individual guidance.
We have a firm belief that students achieve most when they are happy, and in our Sixth Form there are excellent relationships between staff and students as well as an extensive enrichment programme. We offer the care, support and guidance they need to excel. We are proud of our achievements and believe that there is nowhere better for students to continue their studies.
Our sixth formers have privileges and are treated as mature young adults, but we also have high expectations of them as role models for the younger students in main school. We do not have lots of rules and regulations but expect a commitment to meet our ‘Eight Expectations.’ We offer a wide range of Level 3 courses and hope to have something to suit everyone who meets our basic entry requirement of having passed five Level 2 subjects at grade 4/C or above (including English and maths). Details of all our courses can be found in the accompanying Course Information Booklet.
I look forward to meeting and working with you in the future. If you require any further information, please feel free to contact me.
Simon Heaton, Director of Sixth Form
|Taking Care of Your Future||Excellent Teaching & Learning||Excellent Support and Guidance|
|• Our highly qualified, dedicated subject specialists help our students achieve excellent results.|
• We offer a wide selection of A Level subjects from Physics to Psychology, as well as a range of vocational courses – from Sport to Music Technology.
• High achievers are able to take advantage of our Russell Group programme to prepare them for application to the most competitive courses at the most prestigious universities.
• Small class sizes
|• Each student has an individual tutor who works with them each day.|
• In Year 12 all students are timetabled a PSHEE period where issues relevant to the students are explored.
• Students in need of extra support access a successful and proven mentoring programme to help ensure that they achieve success.
• Throughout their time in our Sixth Form, students are given the highest level of guidance and support to ensure a smooth transition to employment or university.
|• The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
• Our ‘Russell Group’ allows the brightest students to engage in a range of activities to enhance their applications to the most competitive universities.
• We offer a full enrichment programme which is available to all.
• A vibrant Student Management Team helps to ensure the needs of students are always met.
• Work placements and volunteering opportunities with organisations such as The Challenge.