Sixth form students at Haslingden High School and Sixth Form achieved our best performance ever this year, coping admirably with the changes to A levels and vocational qualifications. Impressively, over half of all grades awarded were A*-B with a total of 51 A* and A grades. 22 subjects recorded a 100% pass rate.
Headteacher, Mark Jackson, said: “I am delighted that all the hard work from both students and staff has paid off. I was really pleased to see so many happy students opening their results, the vast majority of whom are going on to study at their first choice of university. I would like to congratulate every students on their achievements and wish them every success in the future.”
• 248 grade 8 or 9 achieved by the students, including 68 grade 9s
• 84% of Year 11 gaining a standard pass in English and 82% in mathematics
• Just under 40% of all students achieved a grade 7, 8 or 9 in English; this included an incredible 22% of all English Literature results at grades 8 or 9 and 33% 7+
• 22% of all grades awarded were at grade 7 or above
• 31 students achieved at least one grade 9, in 15 different subjects
• 31% of students achieved a grade 5 or above in every subject studied
• 29% of all students achieved 3 or more 7 – 9 grades
• 11 students achieved grade 7+ in all subjects
Congratulations to all of our year 11 students on achieving a superb set of exam results – we are so proud of each and every one of them.
DfE Performance Tables: