Sport Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate
Sport is an excellent vocational course that allows students the opportunity to develop their knowledge of sport and the wider sports industry. The course is suited to learners wanting to study in preparation for employment in a sports industry or for those wanting to move onto a higher education sport degree.
Preferred entry requirements:
Grade 4 at GCSE English (there is no requirement to have studied the subject at GCSE)
- Unit 1: Body systems and the effects of physical activity
- Unit 2: Sports coaching and leadership
- Unit 3: Sports organisation and development
- Unit 4: Organisation of sports events
- Unit 5: Sports nutrition
- Unit 6: Practical skills in sport and physical activities
Exam Board: OCR
Course assessment details:
This course is assessed through coursework assignments and examinations.
Progression and career opportunities:
The Cambridge Technical is ideal for those students looking to study or have a career in nutrition, media, sports management, coaching, teaching, fitness and exercise and many other exciting careers in the sports industry.