We welcome comments and suggestions from parents, students and our wider community. From time to time, we survey parents about their own and their child’s experiences about school and publish comments along with our own responses.
Feedback from Year 7 Settling In Evening, September 2019
You said …
- Bit of communication improvement for apps, logins and a list of the year 7 clubs.
- Overall Excellent
- I had an issue with homework on Edulink and my concern has been dealt with straight away!
- Excellent transition and great work set to stretch & challenge
- The support B has received so far has been brilliant
- My sons have settled in well, we’ve experiences no bullying or raised any issues so far so cannot comment on that so far we are really happy with school. Tonight has been very informative.
- We are really pleased with the additional support H has received while taking a little longer than others to settle in to Year 7.
- Very happy with Haslingden High
- Think the other screen protectors are better. 4 weeks in and screen protectors broke.
- We would prefer parents evening in the middle of the year rather than at the end of this year.
- Primary concerns relate to getting feedback on her learning considering she has special educational needs.
- My daughter has settled very well and is very happy. We have felt well informed during the transition from primary to secondary. Thanks!
- I am delighted with my child’s progress and support that has been offered to him.
- What a wonderful start to the term. An excellent school with some fantastic opportunities.
- Our son has settled in so well and we’re really pleased with how he’s getting on.
- All the “Don’t know” responses are either not applicable at this time, or too early to comment.
- The settling in period was made very easy for the pupils due to the attention and care provided by the staff.
- We are really impressed by the way HHS makes the transition from primary school so easy and painless.
- Really happy with everything, always someone to help.
- Couldn’t be happier with the secondary provision both out children are receiving.
- My daughter has settled in quickly and really well.
- After School activities to be on Edulink please.
- A is really happy here. The school have been very accepting of our culture and welcomed A’s dreadlocks, amazing. Love, light, peace ☺
Our response …
Extra curricular activities are on the website and have been added to Edulink (along with other information such as lunch menus and community news).
Feedback on Year 7 student attainment and progress is given 3 times a year following each of our assessment blocks. The Block A assessments begin on Monday 4th November and students will be assessed throughout that week, with reports to be sent home during the week beginning 25th November.
Screen protectors are approved by the insurance company and we replace them at no additional cost to parents.
Our Year 7 Parents’ Evenings are on 3rd and 10th June – we divide the Year group into two (P, E, R, G, A, and T forms on the 3rd and OMIN on the 10th) to make it less busy and frustrating for parents and carers. The Year 8 and 9 evenings are currently in the middle of the year, in March and early May respectively. With the splits to Year 7 and 8 evenings according to population, and including the Sixth Form Parents and Carers Evenings, there are 11 evenings altogether which we have to spread across the school year. Having had the additional Year 7 event of Settling In Evening towards the beginning of the year, it seems sensible to have the Year 7 Parents and Carers Evening later on.