SIMS Parent App
The SIMS Online parent app is a convenient way to share information with you about your child’s school life. You can access the system easily from a smartphone, tablet or PC – anytime, anywhere.
What will you find in the SIMS Parent app:
- Important information such as achievements and a timetable
- School calendar, training days and contact details available at the click of a button
- Access to your child’s school reports
- If you have more than one child at school, you will have access to information for all your children, from the same app.
The information that you receive through the app will help you to stay up-to-date with your child’s school life as well as support your child’s development and progress.
Keeping us up to to date
The SIMS Parent App allows you to review the personal information we store about you and your children. It is especially important for us to have correct contact information in case we need to call you in an emergency. You can view and suggest changes to the information we hold about you online via the Parent App.
Signing up for the SIMS Parent App
You may come across some security issues if you are trying to register at work due if your employer uses security policies. Please register at home if this occurs.
We will send you an activation email from email@example.com. Please check your spam/junk mailbox if the email does not appear in your inbox. Simply click on the link from your tablet, PC or smartphone and follow the activation process to create your account. You can login using your username & password for your normal Facebook, Twitter, Google, Microsoft or Office 365 accounts.
If you do not already have an account with one of the providers, please create one and return to the sign in screen.
If you have problems signing up ….
Capita have produced some detailed help pages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a privacy notice?
Yes – please click here.
Can I register using SIMS ID?
This is for staff only. Parents/carers should register with the remaining options for example with a Facebook, Google, Microsoft or Twitter account.
Can I use a shared email address?
No. Each SIMS Parent App login is individual and each parent will need a separate login via a separate email account.
What do I need to do if my first registration didn’t work?
Please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will resend your invitation email enabling you to re-register.
I’ve not received an invitation
We need your correct email address. Please contact the school to do this.
I was able to use Parent App until now but suddenly it doesn’t let me log in.
We don’t manage the login details for the new Parent App. You should be able to sign in using your own logins that you used at registration. These logins could be your Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft. So for example if you registered with your Facebook account then you login to the Parent App with your Facebook username and password. If the App doesn’t let you log in please try the following:
- Do you remember which account of yours (Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft) you originally registered with? You can only login using those account usernames and passwords.
- Log in on the Parent App website at https://www.sims-parent.co.uk/ with your registered account (Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft). Does it let you log in? If not please check that you can log in to your Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft account as the Parent App uses those credentials. If you don’t remember these login details you’ll have to reset your Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft account passwords.
- If you can login on the Parent App website then you can move on to try the Parent App on your smart phone. Please make sure that the Parent App is installed on your mobile.
- Make sure the app is not running in the background. Close it then restart the Parent App and try signing in again. Does it work this time?
I keep seeing a ‘too many redirects’ error message (Apple Safari)
This might occur when you open a page that is redirected to another page, which is then redirected to open the original page. The issue might also relate to outdated redirect information in your browser cache or cookies. To find out:
- Choose Safari > Preferences from the Safari menu bar.
- Click the Privacy icon.
- Click Manage Website Data.
Use the Search field to find the name of the redirecting website, then select the website and click Remove. Safari then removes all stored data for the website, including cache and cookies. This might sign you out of the website or change its behaviour.
- Click Done, then close Safari preferences.
If the issue continues, repeat these steps, but instead of clicking Remove for the redirecting website, click Remove All to remove stored data for every website you’ve visited in Safari.