Message from Sakthi Karunanithi, Director of Public Health, Lancashire County Council, to parents of students at Haslingden High School
We have invited your school to take part in additional testing as a precautionary measure due to a number of positive cases of Covid-19 at your school.
We are requesting your support and asking:
- For your child and household members to undertake a PCR test
- PCR tests will be given out by school on Monday morning and should be registered and carried out at home as per the instructions below
- Completed tests should be brought back to school the following day. Completed tests will be collected from form rooms at registration the following morning. Tests will then be taken to a collection point, to enable the genomic sequencing. Please do not put completed tests in the post.
You can do a PCR test even if:
- you have no Covid-19 symptoms
- you have had one or both Covid-19 vaccinations
- you previously tested positive for Covid-19 (over 90 days ago).
If you have tested positive with a PCR test within the last 90 days, you do not need to be tested.
A paper copy of how to register and complete each test will be provided with the test kits.
If you wish your child to take part in this initiative, please complete the online consent form below by 9:00 am on Monday morning at the latest. This form also indicates how many tests you need for your household. It would be helpful to complete the form where consent is not given, but I would urge you to support this protective measure wherever possible.
Many thanks for your co-operation
Director of Public Health
Request PCR test kits for your family