Achievement for All: for all our students to be safe, happy and successful, developing as individuals into caring, responsible citizens equipped for life in the 21st century
We strive to:
- create successful learners, who achieve the best possible qualifications, alongside equipping them with the skills and motivation to overcome future challenges
- ensure all students experience an exciting, ambitious and inclusive curriculum that is well-planned, broad, diverse and expertly delivered. Our curriculum will inspire and motivate students to want to know and remember more, allowing them to become lifelong learners
- provide access to a wide range of opportunities and experiences beyond the taught curriculum, enabling our students to leave our school with high aspirations
- work in partnership to offer a personalised approach to care, guidance and support that will ensure students feel and know how to keep themselves safe and happy. Students’ physical, mental and emotional wellbeing is at the forefront of everything we do, empowering them to make informed choices
- guide students, helping them to become kind, resilient and ethical individuals who will make a positive contribution to their local community and beyond. They will embrace change and leave as well-rounded individuals with a strong set of values and beliefs
We welcome students of all abilities, aptitudes and interests from a wide range of backgrounds. Our number one aim is ‘Achievement for All’ and we pride ourselves on our reputation for academic success. We are successful because we have high expectations of all of our students, and because we create a learning environment underpinned by a culture of respect where individuals are nurtured and supported.
Ours is a forward-thinking school with innovative approaches to teaching and learning. We have invested in new technology, which means that our students are equipped for a 21st-century workplace; able to apply their knowledge and skills creatively. We are also proud of the way that we prepare students to be lifelong learners; questioning, resilient and confident young people.
Importantly we want our students to leave with happy memories of their time at Haslingden High and we provide many enrichment opportunities outside of the classroom for students to develop the talents, teamwork and leadership skills that will enable them to be citizens of Britain and the world.
We are a diverse community where students from a range of backgrounds form positive relationships with each other and with staff, based on trust and mutual respect. Visitors to the school comment on the happy and calm atmosphere which allows all students to flourish.